Srila Prabhupada set aside December as the time where as many devotees as possible can make an extra endeavor to distribute as many of his books to the conditioned souls. Why was this so important to him?
Srila Prabhupada rose in the middle of the night for many years translating and writing his purports to share his personal ecstasies for our understanding and upliftment. He arranged the book printing and organized the book distribution driven by his Guru Maharaja's order and by his deep compassion for us. Devotees would write to him to tell him how many books they distributed, and he would ask that they double the numbers, especially in the month of December. In this connection big numbers were important to him, and they gave him great happiness. The more books distributed, the more souls could hear about the Lord and His devotees.
December is especially favorable for book distribution because in this month Krsna had the transcendentally powerful dialogue with Arjuna on Battlefield of Kuruksetra so mystically presented in the Bhagavad-gita. The Indian people have great respect for this historic occasion. In the West of course Christmas falls in December, and people are very inclined to buy books either for themselves or as Christmas gifts. Devotees worldwide distribute many more books in this month than in any other month. Srila Prabhupada and the guru parampara shower special mercy on any devotee that enters the Christmas marathon mood.
Print books, distribute profusely, and that will be the best preaching work. What will your three minutes preaching work—But if they buy one book, it may turn their life. (Srila Prabhupada Letter to Bhagavan, 5th November, 1972).
------------ Message from HH Jayapataka Swami.
You can also distribute Srimad Bhagavad Gitas ONLINE.
Come forward in large numbers to sponsor as many Bhagavad Gitas as you can!
These books will be distributed freely to schools, pilgrims, jails, colleges, hospitals, libraries etc.
* All Donations paid within India are Tax Exempted under 80/G Section of Income Tax Department, Govt. of India. For any queries or information, please write to us Contact Donation Helpline no. :+91-9733578071 Contact Person: Gopijana Vallabha dasa
- If the sender is a citizen of country other than India -
Name of account: ISKCON Gaura-purnima Festival Fund
Account no.: 237010100071336
Bank: AXIS Bank Ltd., 12 MM Ghosh Street, 1st Floor, Krishnanagar, District Nadia, West Bengal, INDIA 741101
Swift Code: AXISINBB005
- If the sender is a citizen of only India -
Name of account: ISKCON
Account no.: 237010100005944
Bank: AXIS Bank Ltd., 12 MM Ghosh Street, 1st Floor, Krishnanagar, District Nadia, West Bengal 741101
IFSC Code: UTIB0000237
After remittance, please email ISKCON Mayapur Treasury at [email protected] with the following details to track the remittance:
- Name of Donor
- Country name (for foreign remittances)
- Date of remittance
- Amount remitted
- Swift copy of remittance (for remittance from country other than India, sometimes the amount does not show in our bank account, in such case swift copy of remittance helps bank to trace the amount. If the fund show up in bank account then this is not required)