Krishna appeared in Mathura, on the eighth day of waning moon (krishnapaksha, ashtamitithi) in the month of Shravana, as the eighth son of Vasudeva and Devaki. This day is celebrated as Sri Krishna Janmashtami. Many thousands of pilgrims will be visiting Sri Mayapur to have darshan of Sri Radha-Madhava and to partake in the midnight Maha abhisheka. The celebration is for 3 days, the adhivas on the day before Janmastami, Janmastami festival and Nandostava on the day after Janmastami. We invite everyone to participate in the celebrations and partake in the transcendental service to the Lord and receive His blessings.
Your devotion and generosity has always made Janmashtami a very significant and jubilant event, touching the lives of thousands of pilgrims. On the day of Janmastami, Sri Radha-Madhava and Asta Sakhis will be offered two sets of new outfits and jewellery, gorgeous flower decorations and a bhoga of atleast 108 items and a big birthday cake. Book your seva right now and be fortunate to serve the Lord, His devotees and His dear cows in the holiest of dhams, Sri Mayapur.
September 2nd, 2018
09:00 to 21:00 - Kirtan Mela
19:30 - Adhivas Ceremony
September 3rd, 2018
04:30 - Mangal Aarti
06:30 - Srimad Bhagavatam Class
08:30 - Darshan Aari
09:30 - Kirtan Mela
10:00 - Yajna and Samskara Ceremony
11:00 - Offering of Bhoga
12:30 - Bhoga Aarti
16:30 - Bhajan and Kirtan
18:30 - Sandhya Aarti
19:30 - Kirtan
22:00 - Maha Abhishek followed by Maha Arati
00:00 - Anukalpa Prasadam
Srila Prabhupada, in one of his letter, writes: A gorgeous temple means many flowers, beautiful decorations, and prasadam distribution. Some sort of kirtana must go on continuously. [Letter to: Tribhuvanatha, Los Angeles, 16 June, 1972]
On the day of Janmastami the whole temple will be decorated with fragrant flowers.
- Deity Flower garlands: Rs. 60,000
- Sri Radha-Madhava altar flower decorations: Rs. 45,000
- Temple flower decorations: Rs. 90,000
- Flower Abhishek: Rs. 50,000
Special Sevas & Pujas
The Lord accepts the foodstuffs offered with love by a devotee. The remnant of the offering becomes prasadam or mercy of the Lord. On the day of Janmashtami, the bhoga consists of specially prepared plate of atleast 108 food items for the pleasure of the Lord.
On the day of Janmastami, the Krishna Janma and Samskara Yajnas will be performed, including Samskara mantras for namakarana, annaprasana, vidyarambha, upanayana and other vedic rites are to be elaborately offered by the Mayapur Gurukula devotees.
- Speical Bhoga for Janmastami : Rs. 25,000
- Janmastami Abhishek Igredients: Rs. 50,000
- Tulasi Archana Puja: Rs. 1,501
Thousands of pilgrims visiting Mayapur, over 400 resident brahmacaries and around 3500 community resident devotees honor together the anukalpa prasada on Janmastami and Nandostava feast. We are expecting at least 2000 free plates will be served to the visiting pilgrims. Of all the forms of charity, annadana is glorified as best and what more can be more spiritually rewarding than feeding the Lord’s devotees on His birthday!
- Visiting Devotees Prasadam: Rs. 2,10,000
- Community Janmastami Prasada: Rs. 2,10,000
- Brahmacari Janmastami Prasada: Rs. 30,000
- Adivas Prasadam: Rs. 25,000
- Large Cake: 15,000
Go Samrakshana Seva
Sri Krishna is known as Govinda- Supreme Lord , who gives pleasure to the cows and the senses. Our cows at Mayapur Goshala are Sri Radha-Madhava’s servants and they serve the devotee community.
By pleasing the Lords dear most cows at the holy dham of Mayapur on His birthday, you will receive the unlimited mercy of the Sri Madhava.
- Special Go Seva: Rs, 5,000
All our donors receive Sri Radha-Madhava Mahaprasada of dry fruits, Tulasi leaves and a picture of Sri Radha-Madhava darshan on Janmastami. Once making your donation, kindly email us at email@example.com with your complete postal address, transaction details and any purpose or offering to be read to Sri Radha-Madhava.
* All Donations paid within India are Tax Exempted under 80/G Section of Income Tax Department, Govt. of India. For any queries or information, please write to us Contact Donation Helpline no. :+91-9733578071 Contact Person: Gopijana Vallabha dasa
When making a bank transfer please send the details of the transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After remittance, please email ISKCON Mayapur Treasury at email@example.com with the following details to track the remittance:
- Name of Donor
- Country name (for foreign remittances)
- Date of remittance
- Amount remitted
- Swift copy of remittance (for remittance from country other than India, sometimes the amount does not show in our bank account, in such case swift copy of remittance helps bank to trace the amount. If the fund show up in bank account then this is not required)
Credit or Debit Card