Generally devotees arrive at Mayapur from Kolkata or Burdwan (Barddhaman). Some devotees departing from Vrindavan by train get down at Burdwan and pick up a taxi to reach Mayapur. Others arrive at Howrah, Kolkata’s twin city, by train.
From Howrah station
If you are catching a train at Howrah, a less-crowded train to catch is *Intercity express*, which leaves Howrah at about 3pm (the train does not operate on Sundays.) It reaches Nabadwip Dham by about 5:45pm.
There are trains leaving Howrah and which pass through *Nabadwip Dham*, practically every hour and a half, but they are sometimes quite crowded. It takes about 3 hours to reach Nabadwip Dham from Howrah.
Once you reach *Nabadwip Dham* station, you have to take a rikshaw to *Mayapur Ghat* and then get on a boat to cross over the Ganga to reach *Hular Ghat* at Mayapur. Take a rikshaw to come to ISKCON’s Mayapur Chandrodaya Mandir.
From Sealdah station
Sealdah is a train station located within Kolkata. There are trains leaving Sealdah and which pass through Krishnanagar. Usually these trains are crowded. It takes about two hours to reach Krishnanagar from Sealdah.
From Krishnanagar, you can catch a rikshaw to go to the bus terminal (“bus stand”) and catch a bus to ISKCON Mayapur. Or, you can get into a three-wheeler to go to Mayapur Ghat in Swarup Ganj (where Bhaktivinoda Thakura used to live), get on a boat to cross over the Jalangi river to reach *Hular Ghat* at Mayapur. Then take a rikshaw to come to ISKCON Mayapur.
Taxi, Air, & Train ticketing
Gauranga Travels is a wing of the Mayapur Tourism Department, under the management of ISKCON Mayapur. Under previous management it was under the title of Prabhupada Travels.We assure you quality services at affordable pricing.
For Air ticket and Train ticket booking, Gauranga Travels offers best rates for devotees.
Now you can book the Car/Bus online at www.visitmayapur.com or call us at +91-3472-245728.
Head: HG Gopijana Vallabha Das
Phone: +91-3472-245219, 3472-245728
Mobile: +91-9593479990, +91-9593959990, +91-9593179990
E-mail: [email protected]
Location: Chaitanya Shopping Complex near Gada Bhavan.
Taxi charges to Mayapur
All Prices are for one way either “To Mayapur” or “From Mayapur”
Mayapur -> Howrah / Kolkata (ISKCON Kolkata)
Howrah / Kolkata -> Mayapur
- Ambassador : Rs.2000
- Ambassador (A/C): Rs.2400
- Indigo : Rs.2100
- Indigo (A/C): Rs.2500
- Scorpio/Tata Sumo: Rs.2500
- Scorpio/Tata Sumo (A/C): Rs.2800
- Innova (A/C): Rs.3300
- 13 Seat Van: Rs.4000 + Rs.400 for A/C
- 20 Seat Coach: Rs.6000 + Rs.500 for A/C
Mayapur -> Kolkata Airport
Kolkata Airport -> Mayapur
- Ambassador : Rs.1700
- Ambassador (A/C): Rs.2000
- Indigo : Rs.1800
- Indigo (A/C): Rs.2100
- Scorpio/Tata Sumo: Rs.2000
- Scorpio/Tata Sumo (A/C): Rs.2400
- Innova (A/C): Rs.2900
- 13 Seat Van: Rs.3500 + Rs.400 for A/C
- 20 Seat Coach: Rs.5500 + Rs.500 for A/C
Mayapur -> Krishnanagar
Krishnanagar -> Mayapur
50Rs/Hour waiting charge for each hour over three hours.
- Ambassador : Rs.500
- Ambassador (A/C): Rs.600
- Indigo : Rs.500
- Indigo (A/C): Rs.600
- Scorpio/Tata Sumo: Rs.650
- Scorpio/Tata Sumo (A/C): Rs.700
- Innova (A/C): Rs.700
- 13 Seat Van: Rs.800 + Rs.200 for A/C
- 20 Seat Coach: Rs.1100 + Rs.200 for A/C
- Parking charges and toll fees are not included in price and customer has responsibility to pay it (even without being noticed in advance)
(Howrah – Rs.100, Airport – Rs.70) – Prices subject to change by airport authority.
- Howrah and Airport up/down charge Rs.300 extra. Double with A/C
- Price per Km for any stops or diversions away from normal route:
- Ambassador – Rs.8
- Ambassador A/C – Rs.9
- Indigo – Rs.9
- Indigo A/C – Rs.10
- Sumo/Scorpio – Rs.11
- Sumo/Scorpio A/C – Rs.12
- Innova – Rs.15
- Innova A/C – Rs.17
- 13 Seat Winger – Rs.14
- 13 Seat Winger A/C – Rs.16
- 20 Seater Bus – Rs.22
- 20 Seater Bus A/C – Rs.24
- If the vehicle comes from Kalna route extra charges will be:
- Ambassador/Indigo Rs.300
- Sumo/Scorpio Rs.400
- 13 Seat Winger Rs.500
- 20 Seater Bus Rs.500
- If the vehicle comes from the alternate route with a better road extra charges will be:
- Ambassador/Indigo Rs.100
- Sumo/Scorpio Rs.100
- 13 Seat Winger Rs.200
- 20 Seater Bus Rs.200
ISKCON Kolkata operates buses thrice a week, on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. The bus takes passengers from the Kolkata temple straight to Sri Mayapur.
ISKCON Kolkata also has a guest house facility. To book a room at the ISKCON Kolkata guest house call +91-3322-876075 or a seat in the bus call +91-33-32488041 or +91-33-64588777.
Or, you can catch a bus from Kolkata’s bus terminal at *Dharmatala* to Krishnanagar, and then from Krishnanagar, catch a bus to ISKCON Mayapur.