H are Krishna
You might already be aware of Purusottama month and its occurrence this year. To put it briefly, when the full moon occurs twice in a month, i.e. in less than 29 solar days, then the month is divided into 2 and a leap month is added. This leap month is known as Adika mas or Purusottama month and it occurs about every 3 years. It is very dear to Lord Krishna and it is very good time to engage in full devotional service. This year, we are fortunate to have the Purusottama month starting on 17th June and ending on 16th July.
Residing in dhama during Purusottama month and offering worship brings unlimited spiritual credits. Though it is a cherished desire for devotees worldwide to spend one full month in Mayapur or Vrindavan, it is not always possible. To facilitate your worship, Mayapur Online Services has set up special Purusottama month poojas that you can offer to Sri Radha Madhav from anywhere in the world. You can also render sevas to Lord Nrsimhadeva, cows, pilgrims and Mother Ganges.
Sevas to Sri Radha Madhav
- Ghee lamp offering (one week): Rs.300
- Ghee lamp offering (full month): Rs.1200
- Pooja for full month: Rs.6000
Sevas to Lord Nrsimhadeva
- 108 Tulasi archana (one day): Rs.301
- 108 Tulasi archana (full month): Rs.9000
- Godhana on Ekadasi/ Dwadasi days: Rs.22,000
- Feeding the cows (one day): Rs.2501
- Prasadam distribution (one day): Rs.3001
- Ganga Pooja: Rs.1001
To offer any of the above sevas, please visit:
On this page, you can view a video on the glories of this month and recommended practices of worship. Apart from these sevas, you can offer other donations by clicking: https://www.mayapur.com/serve-mayapur/general-donation/
Kindly send any prayer that you would like to be specifically read to the deities, along with your complete postal address and seva details to Shyamagopika.firstname.lastname@example.org
(PS: Prasadam shall be sent to addresses within India only)
Simplified recommended worship for the Pursottama month:
- The main vrata is to worship Radha Krishna.
- Chant extra rounds of Hare Krsna Maha mantra for entire month: 24,32,64 or 108
- Study Srimad Bhagavatam and Bhagavad Gita, especially Chapter Fifteen Purushottama Yoga.
- MUST OFFER Daily GHEE lamp to Radha-Krishna Deity or photo.
- Give charity to qualified Brahamanas.
- Engage in Go Seva and distribute Prasadam.
- Bathe in the Holy rivers and associate with saintly devotees.
- Take vow to REMAIN TRUTHFUL for whole month.
- Careful not to BLASPHEME any devotee, sastra, brahmin, cows, saints, or one observing the Purusottama Vrata.
- Hearing Hari katha.
- Worshiping Radha Krishna, by offering fresh first class lotus or rose and tulasi leaves or garlands to Sri Radha Krishna.
- Sing bhajans and kirtans specifically glorifying Lord Krishna who is called Purusottama such as Jaya Radha Madhava; Jagannathasttakam, chapter 15 of Bhagavad Gita on Purusottama Yoga.
Benefits of observing Purusottama Vrata
- All the holy places in the world come to reside in the body of one who observes Purusottama vrata.
- One who observes Purusottama Month with faith and devotion will go back home, BTG to serve Radha-Govinda eternally in Goloka Vrndavana at the end of one’s life.
Glories of Purusottama month (from Padma and Skanda Puranas)
Lord Sri Krsna: “Purusottama month has all the power I have to bless its observer. One who follows Purusottama vrata will destroy all his past sinful reactions. Without performing Purusottama vrata, one cannot perform pure devotional service. The value of Purusottama month is far more valuable than all other types of austerities and religious activities mentioned in the Vedas. Anyone who observes Purusottama vrata will return to my abode, Goloka, at the end of his life.”
Durvasa Muni: “Just by bathing in a holy river during Purusottama month, one becomes sinless. The glory of all other months is not equal to one-sixteenth of the glory of the Purusottama month. By bathing in a holy place, giving charity and chanting the Holy Name Krsna during Purusottama month, all miseries are destroyed; one attains all kinds of perfection and fulfills all his desires.”
Valmiki Muni: “By observing Purusottama vrata, one attains more benefit than performing one hundred horse sacrifices. All holy places live within the body of a Purusottama month vrati. Anyone who faithfully performs Purusottama vrata will go to Goloka Vrndavana.”
Narada Muni: “Purusottama month is the best of all months, vratas and austerities. Just by faithfully hearing the glories of Purusottama month, one attains krsna-bhakti and immediately nullifies his sinful reactions. One who performs Purusottama vrata properly will attain unlimited sukrti and go to the spiritual world.”
Naimisaranya sages: “Merciful Purusottama month acts like a desire tree to fulfill a devotee’s desire.”
We hope and pray that you derive maximum spiritual benefit during this auspicious month.