A kshaya Tritiya, Beginning of Chandan Yatra – A Day packed with so much fortunate moments!
The very word Akshaya means “that which never diminishes”. Any service or charity one performs on this day will be paid back in folds.
Here are some wonderful moments to note on this day:
- On this day, Sudama gave the Lord a tiny portion of chipped rice and was rewarded with untold opulence.
- Draupadi was protected by Lord Krishna twice on this day, once when He provided her an unlimited sari at the dice game in return for a tiny piece of cloth, and later, when she needed to provide food for Durvasa muni, the Lord took a single grain from her pot and satisfied the hunger of all the sages.
- On this auspicious day, Lord Parasurama appeared.
- Ganga devi also descended to earth on this day.
- Candana yatra starts on this special day of Akshaya Trithiya which is the third lunar day of the waxing moon of Vaisakha month and continues for twenty days. Since the month of Vaisakha is very hot, the cooling effect of the sandalwood or chandan is very pleasing to the body of the Lord.
The special occasion of Narasimha Jayanti coincides with the Chandan Yatra. The murtis of Lord Narasimha are also coated generously with sandalwood paste during the duration of Chandan Yatra and special aartis and rituals are held to appease him and seek his blessings.
Every day devotees in Mayapur spend some time making sandalwood paste by grinding the wood on a stone grinder. This sandalwood paste is then applied over the deity’s body to keep the Deities cool during the time of the scorching summer.
Lord Sri Krishna The Supreme personality of Godhead is the supreme controller and is not affected by the dualities of material existence. But devotees out of love apply sandalwood over Lord’s body.
We have put together amazing sevas you can choose from to sponsor on this auspicious day, please click the link below to register for any of the sevas listed in the link and we shall offer on your behalf and the family.
👉For Aksaya Tritiya donation Seva: https://shorturl.at/nGKLW
🔖 To get Tax Free 80G receipt please do Bank Transfer.
Account Name: “International Society For Krishna Consciousness”
Bank Name: Kotak Bank
Account No: 8512103714
RTGS / IFSC Code: KKBK0006570
Branch: H. B. Sarani, Kolkata.
Bank address: 21, Centre Point Building, Hemanta Basu Sarani, Kolkata: 700001
And send the transaction details, legal name, and address to email@example.com
Or pay by Google pay /BHIM UPI at Q35655045@ybl
For more information contact:
📞 +91 95934 00192 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org