Srila Prabupada longed for the day when everyone will receive full meals of prasadam at Sri Mayapur Dham the birth place of Lord Sri Krishna Caitanya Mahaprabhu. In order to fulfil his desire “No one should go hungry”, his followers and well-wishers have started a non-profit, non-sectarian charitable project to serve “Gauranga Prasada Seva”, a full meal programme, reviving India’s glories ancient culture and tradition of distribution of sumptuous vegetarian meal with regular feeding of 300-500 pilgrims on an average, regardless of caste and creed, as a symbol of mutual brotherhood. The sacred food is distributed absolutely FREE for everyone and pilgrims collect their FULL meal coupons early in the morning at Sri Sri Radha-Madhava temple courtyard.
- Menu: Kitchuri, Rice, Dal, mixed sabji, main seasonal sabji, chutny/ yogurt/papad and Sweet.
- How: Everyday morning 6am we distribute coupon to individuals (first come to first serve basis). No advance booking.
- Time: Full meals served at 1.00pm.
- Where: “Bhakti Vedanta Anna-Dan Complex” on the way to Mayapur Goshala, behind Govinda’s restaurant and in front of Gauranga Kutir.
The Vishnu-smriti says, “The goddess of fortune Lakshmi resides in those who are charitable”.
Srila Prabhupada says, “I want that you shall distribute prasadam at least to hundreds of person daily, and advertise very widely all over Nadia Province for people to come there and take prasadam daily without charge. … try to expand this program as much as possible at Mayapur and let me know.” “Simply by liberal distribution of prasadam and sankirtana, the whole world can become peaceful and prosperous”.
Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarswati Thakur: “Even earned wealth is obtained by the mercy of God. It is not the incorrect use of wealth if some portion of mercy is given to requesting poor people; it is its proper use! To distribute mercy (prasadam) is the compulsory duty of householder Vaisnavas. Even though their (poor people’s) miserableness has been obtained through the fault of their won karma, they are still God’s people. Therefore, to give them help is the compulsory duty of well-to-do-people.” (A Ray of Visnu).
You can send your donation by Bank Transfer to:
* All Donations under General Donation, Food for Life & Life Membership only and paid within India are Tax Exempted under 80/G Section of the Income Tax Department, Govt. of India. For any queries or information, please write to email@example.com
Or pay by credit card online here: